Thursday, August 31, 2017

Plans

Two years ago, I posted that I would be closing this blog on August 30, 2017 - yesterday. This was because I wanted to simply walk away from the real world and its problems. However, something happened in the meantime - the 2016 election. In short, I'm proof it really is possible to hate both of the main candidates equally. People speak of how dismayed the were the day after the election when they learned Trump had won. That's the way I felt when Trump and Clinton became the two principle candidates during the primaries. I'm still disgusted that we chose those two candidates. (By the way, only 11% of eligible voters picked them in the primaries.) And, as much as I despise Donald Trump, you would have a hard time convincing me we would be better off with a President Hillary Clinton.

As you can imagine, this made me pretty angry and I realized I could not walk away from the fight over climate change. I have been involved for too long and have a history of being involved in fights - both literal and figurative ones. I spent 35 years in Naval Intelligence and was involved with a number of wars. I've also been involved with climate science for about the same length of time (I was a reservist, hence two careers). I'm trained and experienced in fighting and it's ingrained in my personality, as is research.

"Fine," you say, "What do you plan on doing about it?"

I'm not quite prepared to answer that question. I have made plans and am working on a project. I'm very dedicated to this project and it's taking most of my time this summer. I should know the initial results before Christmas and will then reveal what I'm up to. Until then, I will continue to make posts here.

No comments:

Post a Comment